So, I am continuing to develop some software for the display.
Here are the priorities:
- Develop simple user-space code to access the parallel port functions. - Almost finished.
- Develop some simple code for running the HD44780.
- Write a small interactive Cocoa application to output data to the LCDs
- Write a display plug-in for Growl.
- Finally, create a kernel extension for accessing the parallel ports through Apple's IOKit. This may become an open source project, or maybe even part of Darwin.