Mac LCD

Information for using small character LCDs such as the HD44780 with Mac OS X, LCDproc and Growl. And other Apple and Mac USB stuff.

Friday, June 3, 2005

LCD Test Kit Group Buy!!

So I decided I would make a kit available for people who want to start playing with LCDs right now. I want to do it in the form of a group buy so that I can buy all of the parts at once at a discount rate.

The kit would include:

  • HD44780 4x16 LCD
  • Belkin USB to Parallel Adapter
  • USB A to B cable
  • Centronics to LCD cable
  • header pins to connect the cable to the LCD
  • a simple command line program to allow you to pipe text output (from logs, programs, etc.) to your LCD.
  • Instructions
  • Discount on any future products or software I make using the parallel interface.

This kit would require some soldering and is not a commercial product. If you want a nice, finished product, wait a few more months, and I should have something available.

I won't be making much money on this at all.

I think it would cost about $30 shipped if I can sell 10. So if you are interested, post a write back.

Thanks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home