LCDproc Compiler script
I have had a lot of requests for an Intel compile of LCDproc. Here is a compile script you can use to compile it yourself. You will need to have the Apple Developer Tools installed. Then run the install.command script and it will:
- download LCDproc
- download libusb, if not installed already
- set up any necessary environment variables
- configure, compile and install LCDproc
- run LCDproc with the default LCDd configuration
- open the LCDd.conf file so you can edit the configuration if you want
- open the LCDd StartupItem installer to allow you to run LCDd at start up
You may need to enter your password when prompted.
In the end you will have a fully-featured LCDproc compiled with all of the USB drivers enabled. You will need to edit the LCDd.conf file to suit your display. If you have to specify a device in the LCDd.conf file,be sure to use the cu.usbserial device, not the tty.usbserial device.
Unfortunately, because this is a default install, some drivers such as imon will not work properly without other Mac OS X specific patches.
Many USB displays will work with minor configuration file changes, including the Mac OS X USB LCD Kit.